JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Sunday 15 June 2014

BOTM - The Divided {Wattpad}

The Divided
Genre: Teen Fiction / Coming Of Age / Short Story

Wattpad Book Blurb:
The Divided is a inspiring, gripping tale of ordinary schoolboy Shayne, who suffers from depression and uses lucid dreams to keep himself feeling alive.  

Strange and unquestionable things don't go unnoticed - when a strange girl transfers to his school. He realises she isn't like any girl he’s met before. What’s more, they've met several times before, in the lucid dreams. He finds himself caught between his hatred for his ordinary human life, and a desire to be anything else, anything else at all, if it means staying with her.

Author Links:








Author Interview

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

I was born in England, i'm 17 and i'm currently doing A levels in creative writing, English literature, art and photography.

My key interest is writing, it wasn't long before I came across wattpad and started putting story plans into action. The Divided was the first story I wrote on the website, going through a few name and plot changes over the year. The plans for that story were made 2 years before I joined wattpad, and it was only when I found the plans a few weeks after joining that I started writing it. 

2. What types of books do you write?

On wattpad, the books I am writing all contain teenage characters, so I guess 'teen fiction' is the key theme. The divided has several themes, there are suggestions of paranormal activity such as the dreams Alyssa and Shayne share, and many twists along the way. The idea for the story was to leave hints and clues through twists in the [lot to be interpreted to the readers imagination. That runs through all the books i'm currently writing :)

3. How many books have you written?

On wattpad, I have written 3 books:

- The Divided (bxg)
- Takes One To Know One (bxb)
- Twin Assassin (action/thriller)

Over the year I have spent on wattpad, I have written and deleted many stories, the key one I regret deleting was called 'Vengeance' which was about a male teen character who was the first human to be built, in which I am going to re-write, so look out for it! :)

4. What movie and or book are you looking forward to this year?

Movies:
The Hunger Games - Mockingjay

Books:
Sequels to books on wattpad

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I like any book that has an original, such as 'kill my boyfriend' by amyscence, a writer on wattpad. The book is a sci-fi, which I wouldn't normally put into a category of books I enjoy reading. The main themes I look out for are teen fictions, the occasional bxb and studentxteacher, and anything zombie/assassin themed XD I could read any theme book so long as it's easy to read and contains interesting characters. :)

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

- A knife would be handy... 
- lighter
- Solar powered kindle :3

7. Are you considering a sequel?

Not currently, after I complete writing 'Takes One To Know One' it would be a open to being a sequel, but unsure :)

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

Purely my imagination, since I was a kid i've always had strange dreams and characters I often used to draw. So I guess I put what I drew into words and took it from there :)


The Divided Scavenger Hunt

Click the image below for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment