JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Thursday 1 May 2014

BOTM - The Runaways {Wattpad}

The Runaways
Author: jr0127
Genre: Action / Mystery / Thriller

Wattpad Book Blurb:
Love's a disappearing act, death's an illusion.

When Hailey Anderson, daughter of a dangerous D.C. senator, slams into Caleb Evans, a pretty boy with a million-dollar smile and a million ugly secrets, she figures fate has finally given her an escape from the broken home she's desperate to distance herself from. 

Their seemingly star-crossed encounter results in her being drugged and dragged out of Washington as Caleb's ugly background bubbles to the surface.

Caught between deadly family ties, financial desperation, and an intriguing new hostage, Caleb struggles to walk the line between loyalty and frightening new feelings for Hailey. When his brothers discover Caleb distancing himself from their last chance plan for survival turned federal crime, they stop at nothing to tear the two of them apart. 

When helping Hailey means losing everything, will Caleb stay barbwire-tied to his brothers or hold on to a hostage who's got a hold on him?


Author Links:


Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

My name's Jenny! I'm 25 and have my bachelors in English from UCLA. I spent a number of years working in the entertainment industry and now am studying to become a certified ESL teacher overseas! I'm also working towards establishing a partial career in writing.

2. What types of books do you write?

Both new adult and young adult novels. I tend to lean towards writing darker romances with a tinge of thriller/action. 

3. How many books have you written?

The Runaways is my first completed manuscript. I have two others in progress (Velvet Skye & Cheater.Faker.Troublemaker.) along with a smattering of short stories. 

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

The Fault in Our Stars hands down. I think it'll be the Perks of Being A Wallflower of this year. I love John Green's work so I'm excited about the film adaptation.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

YA & NA Romance. Anything by John Green, Colleen Hoover, Jay Asher and the like. I also love classics. Jack Kerouac, J.D. Salinger, Harper Lee, William Faulkner, and Kurt Vonnegut are some of my heroes.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

A functional phone, an awesome first aid kit, and Colin O'Donoghue ;).

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I am! This is the first time I'm mentioning this, but I've spent the last few days pseudo outlining what a Runaways sequel would look like. It's definitely being considered.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

My grandmother. She worked with quite a few established authors back in her day and so growing up I was surrounded by writers & a wonderful woman who encouraged me to be creative. Writing just happened to be one outlet I took a liking to.





The Runaways Scavenger Hunt

Click the image below for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment