JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Author Spotlight - My_Little_Secret_ {Wattpad}

Surviving NYC
Genre: Teen Mystery / Thriller

Wattpad Book Summary:
Elle Willow is back in NYC after a bizarre accident that burned her boarding school down. Now she’s back and she’s changed. The girl who once had glasses and braces has finally gone, leaving a gorgeous and classy woman in her path. She’s no longer afraid of anyone or anything. Accompanied with a heavy baggage of dangerous secrets which threaten to ruin her future, she must leave the town she grew fond of. Now she’s finally back home, she has to face all the people she once left behind. 

Did you think that was it? Think again...

Add in a complete MIA brother; famous rich parents; over protective siblings; two bickering grandmothers; nosy best friends; evil incarnations of Regina George; weird and elite friends ; a hot asshole and a dash of love. What do we have? A complete potion for a crazy and indescribable journey in life. 

Life is a whirlwind but does she have what it takes to survive against whatever the great city of New York has in store for her?

Author Links:


Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

Well, my name is Saloni. I hail from the beautiful country, India. I hate any sport activities. I have an uncanny ability
to fall in love with fictional characters. Also I am a bit of a klutz!
 
2. What types of books do you write?

Well, most of them are teen fiction but I also write chick-lit and mystery/thriller.
 
3. How many books have you written?

Till now, three. Crushed by the Crush, We Belong Together and Surviving NYC.
 
4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I cannot wait to see The Fault in our Stars. I absolutely loved the book! The books I am looking forward to read this year is Enjoying The Chase by Kirsty Mosely and The Blood of Olympus by Rick
Riordan.
 
5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I like reading books which are funny but have a right amount of drama. Romance is always welcomed. I also enjoy a good mystery.
 
6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. Some food maybe
2. One of those fire guns
3. A knife
 
7. Are you considering a sequel?

I haven't thought about it but there is a possibility.
 
8. What inspired you to become a writer?

I was always an avid reader so when I discovered Wattpad I thought I should write too. My sister was the one who always encouraged me, she's still by biggest supporter. Plus all the books I read motivate me to write better.


Excerpt

"Honey, you know this is for..." Mom began to speak but I cut her off "my best. I know." I completed dryly.
 
She was staring at me, eyes filled with sympathy. The look in her eyes somehow angered me but I remained silent; my words were pointless.
 
'This is for your best.' That’s all I had been hearing for the past six weeks. Every day the same words, it never changed. What I didn't understand, was what had I done wrong? I didn't drink or smoke. I've never done drugs or managed to intentionally harm anyone in any possible way. Yet I was still being sent away to some posh boarding school, which was famous for its academic record. Sometimes I wish I wasn't smart, perhaps then I wouldn't be forced to leave my home - the place I was born.
 
I partly knew that I was being sent away due to my parents’ recent separation. It seemed that one moment they were fine; then the next moment my father was moving out. I don't know how they could separate after having six children together. What caused the split, I don’t know but now they were sending me away. They wanted a break from me. My older brother, Ryder, was going to be a senior this year so he was allowed to stay here with my mother. The real problem was me; the one starting freshman year. My other older brothers weren't a problem, as they had completed high school and were now living in different parts of New York City.
 
I was strongly opposed to the idea of going to Connecticut, the state in which the school was located. Apparently, both of my parents had attended this particular school since they both used to live in Lower Mayfield - where it was situated. I used numerous ways to stop them from sending me away, those of which included: crying, screaming, threatening and even blackmailing. Nothing changed.
 
I even begged my brothers to help me, to talk my parents out of their abrasive decision, but my parents stayed firm with their decision. If my eldest brother, Oliver, was here I know he would have provided his help. However it was pointless thinking about Oliver, since I couldn't speak to him after he went completely AWOL two months ago. We had no idea where he had gone. I knew it was something related to my parents since they looked distressed, their eyes filled with guilt and worry, once he had left.
 
That was the day I lost hope, hope of staying in the place where I belonged. I began to prepare myself for my leave and in doing so, I shut my parents off. I ignored them. This time I was simply hurt rather than angry but the decision had been made. I had to go.
 
I was currently standing at Grand Central station beside my mother and my grandmothers, waiting for my father and brothers to arrive. It reassured me to know that my grandmothers were still residents of that shoe box sized town, at least I knew someone there. All of my luggage had already been sent off, leaving me with a small bag to carry.
 
My father and brothers arrived, accompanied with a number of bodyguards (yeah, my family is famous). My mother had already bid me her infamous sentimental goodbye.
 
"Ellie, bye sweetie.Take care of yourself." My father hugged me.
 
I stiffened; hurt flashed across his face but he didn't utter a word. I just mumbled a goodbye and moved on to my brothers. They all engulfed me with bear hugs, surrounding me in their warmth, whilst I hugged them back. In my heart I knew it wasn't their fault that I was being sent away.
 
‘Don't cry Ellie, don’t cry.’ I kept repeatedly reminding myself in my mind. ‘Don’t cry’
 
As my train arrived, a traitorous tear escaped my eye. I gave everyone a weak smile as my grandmothers and I climbed into our train. I sat towards the window, refusing to look at my family. My grandmothers were talking among themselves in hushed tones beside me. As the final alarm rang, the train began moving. I saw my family fading away as the train pulled me closer to a new home which awaited my arrival.




2 comments: