JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Author Spotlight - Christian_Petersen

Argonaut - The Kinetic

David Constantine was normal, human. Keyword: was. Suddenly thrust into a ten-thousand year war between two races he never even knew existed as the final gear in an ultimate weapon you could say his life has become a bit more interesting. Considerable power of his own is a bonus, though when you have enemies of this caliber it's kind of a necessity. Add a dash of revenge, a squeeze of deceit and just a pinch of sarcasm and viola, you have a Kinetic. You have David. Welcome to Valhalla.













Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

I'm 17 and from Australia, going to Uni next year and enjoying the last bit of high school.

2. What types of books do you write?

Mostly Action/Adventures, though Sci-Fi does interest me greatly.

3. How many books have you written?

Argonaut - was the first one I ever continued with beyond a few pages, and i'm glad I did.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

The Desolation of Smaug definitely.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

Action/Sci-Fi mostly, but Fantasy is a nice change of pace.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

A GPS, A helicopter and a manual to learn how to fly said helicopter.

7. Are you considering a sequel?

Definitely, there's one in the works right now.

8. What inspired you to become a writer? 

Well when we were little my father would ground us and send us to our rooms quite a bit. Since there was nothing else to do we read, and quickly became addicted. I just never stopped.


Excerpt

“Pathetic” he muttered, stamping his boot down in my unarmoured hand, “Even you have to be able to do better than this.” He batted away my arm as he reached forward, laying his palm on my forehead. Almost instantly the burning began again. Then in a low voice that only I could hear he whispered “do you still hear her screaming Atlas? The Archons told us everything; how you just let her die.”

I roared in fury as I sent out a powerful shockwave, ignoring the agony in my head. Balian flew off me, landing in a heap after a few seconds flight. As we both stood up his face paled, realising what he had provoked.

Using my power I flicked him into the air, holding him there while I peeled the armour off him like a tin can. The broken pieces of his armour fell like rain as I dropped him to the ground in just his under suit, in vain he tried to back up; I held him in place as the killing rage took over.

“You have no idea what I’m capable of” I muttered as I walked towards him. Holding up my bare hand blue lightning crackled along my fingertips; generated purely from the energy I controlled. As he tried to shout out I closed his mouth, looking at him with hatred.

Shooting my hand forward a continuous stream of the pure lightning lanced forward and struck the unarmoured Reaver, I could hear him try to scream as I still held his mouth closed.

‘Stop it David!’ Serena’s voice called out pleadingly, ‘you’re going too far!’

But it was too late; the rage had taken me and I would not be deterred so easily.

“Do not interfere” I snarled, holding up my hand in a claw.

At once every Archaean in the arena was raised from the ground, clutching at their throats. Only now did I let Balian speak.

“What the hell are you?” he whimpered, still rooted to the spot.

“I’m not quite sure” I snarled back, “but I’d like to find out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment