JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Author Spotlight - Profundity




Got To Believe In Love

Got to Believe in Love is a love story set in a university where Paulene meets Franz the rich kid and Ashton the band boy. Both want to win her heart, but, will Paulene ever be ready to love again after her frustrating break up with her first love, Josh?












Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

Hello everyone! I write under a pen name, Melody Sundrive. My Wattpad username is @profundity.

I decided to write anonymously because I want to see if people would actually like what I write. I know my friends, once they find out that I am writing on here, they will support me all the way no matter how horrible my work is! Only one person knows I write on Wattpad and that's my cousin.

I found Wattpad because of her. She had been a silent reader since November 2012. Some time April of 2013, I got bored and so I decided to check what this Wattpad is and find out why she is so addicted to it.

I downloaded the app and I really enjoyed the cliche stories. I can't get enough of them! I even imagine the stories come to life. I am in my twenties and I am quite ashamed to admit this. It's a guilty pleasure. What you will find in my actual bookshelf are novels by Paulo Coelho, Dean Koontz, Sidney Sheldon, Pittacus Lore, Adelin Yen Mah, Nicholas Sparks, Arthur Golden, Thomas Harris- you get the idea.

Wattpad suddenly brought back my stashed teenage feelings, making me giggle and feel mushy. In fact, I just visited the book store a while ago and I was eyeing that John Green novel. Maybe it's high time I add those kinds of book in my collection!

2. What types of books do you write?

I currently write Romance/Humor. It could be read by teens and non-teens alike. My second book is Historical Fiction which is kind of on hold at the moment.

3. How many books have you written?

At the moment, only two: (1) Got to Believe in Love, and (2) Beyond Promise.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I will definitely watch Man of Steel!

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

You could throw me anything and I would read it! The first novel I enjoyed was J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. That was when I was 9 or 10 years old. So, you may take a wild guess how old I am. My most loved books, though, are love stories with a tinge of spirituality and reality. I like themes that talk about real-life issues and truths about humanity. I have all copies of Paulo Coelho's books in my shelf. Nicholas Sparks is also an amazing writer. I like stories that would make me cry. I prefer tragic endings. BEWARE GTBIL FANS! Kidding, I will make sure you'll get that happy ending-- or not? (insert evil laugh here).

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. Swiss Knife
2. Rope
3. Lighter with flashlight

7. Are you considering a sequel?

No, unless I'll be writing Adventure. I don't know. It depends.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

I've been a writer for as long as I could remember. Back in school, I did quite well. I have been part of the school paper back in high school. I also entered essay and poetry writing contests and received awards for it. When I graduated, I had that medal and certificate for the Best in Journalism award. I started working as a paid article writer when I was in 2nd year college taking up my first course. I still have the job now.

Writing articles and essays are very different from writing stories, though. In terms of structure, it is different. I have tense issues in my novels because it was rather easy to maintain the tenses in articles and essays compared to novels. I asked my professor about it a few days ago on chat, though. He said it's permissible to change tenses within the chapter, you just have to do it abruptly. I don't know. I'm not really confident in that area of my writing, but, I hope I get better at it. I am very used in writing Non-Fiction, may it be about mundane things, philosophical thoughts, or socio-political issues. Few years ago, I even published an experimental thesis on straw mushrooms and became a participant in Intel's Regional Research competition. Writing novels is new to me-- especially Romance. Maybe that's why writing on Wattpad excites me so much! It challenges me. I also received awards for Poetry writing. I have also been invited a few months ago to judge a Poetry writing Contest in a university.

What inspired me to become a writer? I don't know. I just ended up writing a lot and enjoying it!

Excerpt

"Okay, goodnight."

I sent my boyfriend, Josh, a reply when he said that he was just tired already and needed sleep.

No XOXO's, no ILY's, just that.

I'm somehow tempted to give in, though.

He is sleeping at 7PM? Who are you kidding?

I don't really know what got him so tired when he said he was just at home all day.

Maybe "someone" is keeping him busy!

Here I go again with my paranoia.

Book Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment