JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Author Spotlight - xxxxcupcakexxxxx



The Villain vs Prince Charming

Kayla's family was murdered as a young girl by the royal family. Left to handle the big wide world on her own, she vowed to get revenge on the Royal Family.

How will she do that, you ask?

Simple.

She'll kill the prince.

But, when some unexpected things change for better or for worse, will she be able to go through with the her plan? Because, let's be honest; Revenge Is Sweet, Love Is Sweeter.







Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

I'm 14, have red hair and multi-coloured eyes. I love anything sugary, and absolutely adore my shih tzu, Kiki. I love writing and reading, it lets me escape the world for a little while.

2. What types of books do you write?

I write Historical Fiction, Romance, Fantasy and Teen Fiction.

3. How many books have you written?

I've started a few, but the only one I'm really into and committed to is The Villain Vs Prince Charming.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I'm looking forward to the second Hunger Games movie: Catching Fire.

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I enjoy any, really; I'm always willing to read new and different genres. But, my favourite's are Teen-Fiction and (non-cliche) werewolf stories.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. My dog Kiki
2. A mini fridge (obviously!)
3. A wind-up torch - I'm deathly scared of the dark!

7. Are you considering a sequel?

I am actually, for The Villain Vs Prince Charming.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

My head has always been filled with thoughts and words and I've always had some sort of inspiration, so I started off by writing songs and poems. Poems transformed into short stories, and short stories transformed into novels.


Excerpt

Smiling sweetly, I crouched down to the height of the maid and whispered into her ear.

"Thank you for the information. Now get ready to die."

The maid's eyes widened to the size of ping pong balls and she cried out in fear.

"No! Please n-"

Before she had time to finish the sentence, my knife had lodged itself in her neck, and her large green eyes clouded into a blank grey colour.

Wiping the knife on the corpses dress, I stood up, brushing some dust off me as I did.

"Well," I thought, "next destination, the forest."

Smiling, I left the small room and headed upstairs to my never-ending supply of disguises.

My name is Kayla Summers, and I'm the fairytale villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment